We have 3 exhibition spaces available within our mental health facilities - Mellor House and St Chads at St Georges Hospital in Stafford and the Bistro at the Redwoods Centre in Shrewsbury. Traditionally these have been used for entries from our Art Competitions and they are also available for art work from our art groups.
We also have online Art and Word Galleries - see below for details and how to submit work.
How to submit work
Email photographs of your artwork to email@example.com with the word ArtGallery in the subject header.
Please also include the following information about your entry copied into the email (don't forget the data protection bit at the bottom):
- Age (if 16 or under, we won't display your surname if you are under 16)
- Parent or guardian name (if artist 16 or under)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Title of entry
- Brief description of entry eg. painting of sunset in oil
- When displaying your work would you like us to include your name?
- How you would like your name to be shown if different from above (e.g. first name only, a pseudonym etc)
We promise to use the information you send to us in a responsible way and for the purposes of contacting you regarding Arts for Health’s online art gallery project.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries may be exhibited, reproduced and distributed by the Trust.
- Selected entries, subject to the discretion of the Arts for Health team, will be displayed on the Arts for Health website.
- The Arts for Health team's decisions are final; we will not enter into correspondence about decisions.
What should I write about?
Your writing might be a response to or reflection on any aspect of your life and experiences - it could be about your hopes for the future or perhaps about some positive discovery or change you have made.
Creative writing gives us an opportunity to share our experiences and learn from and connect with each other - it can be light-hearted or something more serious, a three-line poem (see this guide to writing haikus) or a much longer reflective piece or short story. We’d love to hear from you!
There are no rules about what kind of writing is eligible - it can be poetry or prose, short stories or more personal reflections and writings, all are welcome!
How do I submit work?
Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and a selection of work will be published in our Word Gallery. It was launched in October 2020 and we are continuing to add work to it on a rolling basis.
Further information coming soon....
Arts for Health Contact Details