Arts for Health
Arts for Health is all about the positive effect that active engagement with the arts can have on the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities. We aim to support the recovery of service users, both as inpatients and in the community.
Engaging in the arts can provide:
- Distraction from mental health issues
- Social interaction with other people
- increased confidence
- chance to learn new skills
- renewed self-esteem
- connections with people
- the opportunity to be treated as a person rather than a patient
- opportunities for people to shine and discover the skills, creativity and potential they have
We work in partnership with the Facilities and Estates to create artwork for any new ward developments and buildings – to enhance the environment for service users, carers, visitors and staff.
Arts for Health Contact Details